Cerca nel blog

martedì 22 maggio 2012

Ultra Body: an absolutely terrific exhibition!


Amazing! Have you ever been in Milan? No?! Why?! Shame on you ;) believe me there are amazing exhibitions, events, fairs, people!

One of the best exhibition experience I have ever participated in my life is Ultra Body! The human body is the main theme of more than 200 pieces of art between design and art.

Art and design, design and art in a way that you have never seen before, I'm sure. Why? Because this is a project created by designers (graphic, interior, fashion, jewelry designers) which have decided to show international design works heavily related to society, sociology, technology, aesthetics, anthropology and of course visual arts and design.

The exhibition is divided in three parts: “Alluding to the Body”, “Humouring the Body” and “Overcoming the Body”. I love all of them, but the last one is incredible.

Overcoming the body hosts provocative, original, experimental, crazy works. Some of them are special clothing such as a t-shirt for two, most of the others are ornaments created for bodies such as incredible jewelry!

Some of these jewelry are created to temporary modify your body, your face, your mouth, others have been created to connect two people, others are incredible such as fake tears falling down from your eyes. Ah extraordinary example are the works made by Naomi Filmer, I show you an example in the two pictures. Think about it, how would you react if you could see a person wearing this piece of jewelry?

Do you want to know something more? Discover the exhibition in Milan until June 17, the location is Sforzesco Castle (Sale Viscontee del Castello Sforzesco).

3 commenti:

  1. thank you, I visited it yesterday and I am greatly impressed!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I wrote this one: http://jewlrydesign.blogspot.it/2012/06/2012-biennale-of-architecture-in-venice.html it's about Biennale!

      Elimina
  2. I saw your pictures, nice! I always try to discover new interesting exhibitions, and certainly I'll write some articles about the Biennale in Venice!

    RispondiElimina